Mashable has this great how-to article on modding your blog to podcast via text-to-speech conversion. The article highlights Odiogo, but lists a number of alternatives providing similar services. In Odiogo, your posts can be heard from a website or within iTunes, downloadable to iPhone or iPod. The steps listed in the Mashable article are as follows:
1. Join Odiogo.
2. Download the player button plugin that you will need depending on the blogging platform that you’re using. Odiogo will work with several popular blogging platforms such as: WordPress, Blogger, TypePad, BlogEngine.NET and Terapad. Note: In this example, we will use a WordPress blog.
3. Upload the directory odiogo_listen_button to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory via FTP.
4. Login to your WordPress admin account.
5. Click menu Plugins and Activate the Odiogo Listen Button plugin.
6. Click menu Setting > Odiogo Listen Button.
7. Enter your Odiogo Feed ID and click Save. (You’ll receive this feed ID in email after joining)
8. Click menu Presentation > Widgets (or Sidebar Widgets depending on your WP version).
9. Drag and drop Odiogo Subscribe Button from Available Widgets to Sidebar.
10. Click Save Changes.
The service creates a feed for your blog and a button to access that feed. The new podcast can be subscribed to within iTunes or Juice, accessed from RSS readers, such as my fav Newsgator, shared on social networks or played individually by the player that shows up next to each post.
Needless to say, text to speech conversion is a boon for the visually impaired readers and a nice alternative for when your eyes are needed elsewhere. Think I might put Odiogo though my own beta test.