I just downloaded the new Windows Live Writer 2009 and this is my first post with it. I have been using Live Writer from the beginning – I like being able to manipulate my entries off-line in a program with more functionality than the on-line WP interface. I really have no complaints with the old version, but the new version seems slicker and offers more. Taken from the Windows Live Writer Team blog:
- “Instant photo” border treatment
- Insert multiple photos
- Insert and upload Windows Live photo albums
- Insert and publish video to YouTube
- Spell checking in: Arabic, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, English (Australia), Estonian, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Turkish, and Ukrainian
- Server-side tagging (support coming soon to WordPress.com and BlogEngine.NET)
- Type-down filtering in the Open dialog
- Improved blog account setup
- Windows Live Spaces inline preview support
- Support for bidirectional languages
- Updated look and feel
There are also three new plug-ins: a Flickr uploader; an automatic DiggThis badge when you upload; and, an automatic Twitter notify.
The new version is in “release candidate” stage and the Live Writer team is soliciting feedback on any bugs prior to general release.
If you currently use Live Writer, this is a nice upgrade. If you don’t yet use Live Writer, I recommend you try it out.