Thanks to Raymond Ward at the (new) legal writer for this handy tip: free on-line style guides! College style guides predominate but there are more than enough options to satisfy the curious grammar and usage student.
Great stuff, Ray!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Mind your language (guardian.co.uk)
- Acronyms: Better writing (billbennett.co.nz)
- PC language not as black and white an issue as you might think… (sluggerotoole.com)
- Twitter Style Guide (socialmediatoday.com)
- How Journalism School Taught Me To Be a Better Blogger (socialmediatoday.com)
- Better writing: Prepositions at the end of sentences (billbennettnz.wordpress.com)
Wow, a twitter style guide! Who knew
It’s almost a contradiction in terms!