Total Attorneys is a web-based (read: cloud-based) law practice management program. Essentially, TA provides the means for clients to retain your services, make payments, upload documents and complete forms online, while you and your colleagues can access complete case files at any time from any location with a secure Internet connection. Manage your practice, track time, send bills, manage documents and communicate with clients, all from a centralized Web location. They even offer virtual receptionist services from their Chicago location. Sounds pretty cool, right?
It gets cooler. TA has now implemented an App store for its platform, called Total Apps, unveiling the wonder at the ABA Tech show going on in Chicago as we speak. The first apps out of the box include:
• Fastcase, for legal research
• Capital Payments, for payment processing
• LegalEase, for attorney and paralegal contract support services
• Legal Web Experts, for website creation and marketing
• Virtual Receptionist, for fielding calls
• LawQA, to showcase expertise
• Google Sync, to keep Contacts, Calendars and Tasks in line
• IfByPhone, to reach out to leads that have contacted you
• LegalLeads, TA’s own lead generation service
Plus, TA has an iPhone and iPad app to enable access to the platform while on the go. The timetracking feature on the mobile apps is ultra simple to use, making it quite easy to accurately keep time. Plus you can easily access the various tasks within the platform and, I presume in the near future, the apps via the mobile interface as well.
TA is making its API available to developers in the hopes that third parties will pick up and run with the store and integrate more functionality into the platform. I think this is a forward-thinking means of managing legal practice in a way our rapidly mobilized society can understand – with app-based, tool-oriented deployable solutions. Nice work, guys.