Only in the modern age can a fan produce an ode to a product that is better than anything the company has come up with to date (despite the power of a massive ad budget behind it), have it go viral and gain instant, seemingly overnight attention. Such stories smack of the same Horatio Alger myth that powered our rags to riches dreams over a century ago.
Moral here? If you have something to say, say it – chances are, someone will hear you on the Web.
I love Palm, I really do. Hire this guy.
Oh, such good news for AT&T peeps: there are rumors about of a Pre “lite”, running on the Web OS, to be released on AT&T’s network! The Eos, codenamed “Castle” or “Pixie depending upon who you ask, basically looks to be a mash-up of the Palm Centro and the yet-to-be-released Pre (coming to Sprint, egad), with lots of capability. Engadget shows this full spec list:
- 4GB storage
- Price: $349 (pre-rebate)
- Camera: 2 megapixel fixed focus digital camera and flash / video capture
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.1 w/ A2DP and EDR, USB 2.0 via micro USB
- Removable 1150 mAh battery (4 hours 3G talk time)
- Messaging: SMS, MMS (picture and video only), integrated IM client
- Contact sync with AT&T Address Book
- Cellular Video
- Email: POP3, IMAP4, and EAS support
- Audio: WAV, MP3, AAC, AAC+ ringtones
- Video Playback: MPEG4, H.264, H.263
I know a certain roommate of mine who is going to be ever-so-happy about this announcement!
Related articles by Zemanta: